Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the installment of the needed taxonomic and curatorial capacity in developing countries. To that end the Belgian GTI NFP has developed a demand-driven program of work that involves training, liberation of taxonomic data and know how and international and institutional cooperation.
The main sponsor of the Belgian GTI National Focal Point is the Belgian Development Cooperation.
The second issue of the Belgian CBD News Bulletin explains how taxonomy battles poverty.
- New article on Asian Coleoptera studied thanks to GTI funds
- Training manuals and species identification sheets for East and South East Asia are available at ESABII website
- Call For Papers - European Journal of Taxonomy
- DEST - Training course on Basics of Taxonomy, 14-25 October 2013, Kristineberg, Sweden
- Workshop: ViBRANT tools for the DNA taxonomist, 11 June 2013 at the RBINS