Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- TWAS Research Grants for nationals of developing countries
- Phasma meeting at the RBINS on 21st April 2019
- New publication by GTI alumnus, Dr O. H. Odountan, on the biomonitoring of lakes in West Africa
- ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships for study at icipe
- Isabella Yasmine Olodo, GTI grantee, wins price at Diatom conference