Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the establishment of the needed taxonomic and curatorial capacity in developing countries. To that end the Belgian GTI NFP has developed a demand-driven program of work that involves training, liberation of taxonomic data and know how and international and institutional cooperation.
The main sponsor of the Belgian GTI National Focal Point is the Belgian Development Cooperation.
The second issue of the Belgian CBD News Bulletin explains how taxonomy battles poverty.
- Appel à proposition de projet de recherche du RIFFEAC
- Call for expression of interest in IFS Collaborative Research Grants 2014 Focusing on Biodiversity
- 2014 call for the Young Researchers Awards by the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)
- Offre d'emploi de collaborateur scientifique dans le cadre du projet 'GENBAS'
- Symposium on Pan-African phylogeny of smallest rodents of the world (Mus)