Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- New publication by GTI alumnus, Laura Estelle Yêyinou Loko, on Farmers’ perception of termites in agriculture production in Benin
- 2018 IFS Individual Research Grants
- 2018 RBINS GTI internal call for proposals for taxonomic research and capacity building projects is open
- Bourses stage FishBase et taxonomie des poissons africains
- Call for Proposal on the Global Taxonomy Initiative Training Course to be Organized in Developing Countries in 2018