Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- 2 videos to understand why taxonomy and museum collections are so important!
- Questionnaire to help define the future 'Programme Sud Expert Plantes Développement Durable (SEP2D)'
- 2016 GBIF Ebbe Nielsen Challenge
- Meeting with representatives from the Vietnam National Museum of Nature at the RBINS
- New article published by RBINS researcher and GTI alumni on the anthropophilic ant fauna from Côte d'Ivoire