Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Belgian GTI presentation at CBD COP13 -CEPA Fair
- 4th Young Natural History scientists' meeting in Paris - 7-11 Feb. 2017
- New publication by GTI alumnus, Dr Tenon Coulibaly, on the termite communities of mango tree orchards in Côte d'Ivoire
- Terra Viva Grants: funding opportunities in the field of biodiversity, agriculture, environment...
- Call for applications for the 2017 training session on FishBase and Fish Taxonomy