Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Launch of a policy brief dedicated to insect biodiversity in Vietnam
- Call for proposals on 'Biodiversity Informatics for African Freshwater and Pollinator Biodiversity'
- GTI e-book: Introduction to Access and Benefit-Sharing and the Nagoya Protocol: What DNA Barcoding Researchers Need to Know
- Appel à projets 2018 de la FFRBA
- New publication by GTI alumnus, Laura Estelle Yêyinou Loko, on Farmers’ perception of termites in agriculture production in Benin