Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Description of 4 new species of copepods from Benin by GTI trainee and RBINS researcher
- Career advancement of GTI alumnus Dr Kanvaly DOSSO, from Université Nangui Abrogoua in Ivory Coast
- Three Training Courses on Scientific Writing and Communication
- Ph. D. defense of Mr Moïssou Lagnika, GTI trainee
- The Walking Stick described by RBINS researchers in the ESF Top 10 New Species for 2015