Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Launch of the new Abc taxa manual dedicated to diatoms from the Congo and Zambezi Basins
- Registration for the postgraduate course "Biosafety in Plant Biotechnology" at Ghent University (Belgium) is open!
- IFS Individual Research Grants
- Smith Fellows 2018 Call for Proposals
- New publication by GTI alumnus, Lombart M.M. Kouakou, on the invasive tropical fire ant in Côte d'Ivoire