Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the establishment of the needed taxonomic and curatorial capacity in developing countries. To that end the Belgian GTI NFP has developed a demand-driven program of work that involves training, liberation of taxonomic data and know how and international and institutional cooperation.
The main sponsor of the Belgian GTI National Focal Point is the Belgian Development Cooperation.
The second issue of the Belgian CBD News Bulletin explains how taxonomy battles poverty.
- VLIR - UOS call for Short Training Initiatives (KOI) 2015
- Travel Awards for Sub-Saharan African Participation in the 2014 TDWG Conference, Jönköping, Sweden
- Call for applications for the 2015 Student Conference on Conservation Science
- Soutenance de thèse de Mr Tenon Coulibaly, ancien stagiaire GTI
- Ph. D. defense of Mr Evariste Hermann TAEDOUMG, GTI trainee