Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- New article on the description of a new genus with 3 new species from RBINS researchers thanks to GTI fundings
- Reminder: the 2015 internal call for proposals for taxonomic research and capacity building for RBINS researchers is currently open!
- Presentations given at the info. session on the Nagoya Protocol
- Interesting article in Nature's last issue on the status of natural history collections
- GBIF and EU to improve biodiversity information for developing countries