Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Restitution des résultats de recherche sur les écosystèmes souterrains aquatiques du Bénin
- Big data for biodiversity: GBIF.org surpasses 1 billion species occurrences
- 2 new publications from GTI projects on pollinators in Africa
- GTI alumnus Héritier Milenge Kamalebo presents his research at CEBioS colloquium
- 2 new publications by GTI alumnus and RBINS researcher on potentially invasive ant species in Côte d'Ivoire