Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Call for applications for 12 scholarships - Training course in taxonomy and systematics of African pollinating flies (session 2021)
- ASPIRE Grants for the Congo Basin - 2021 call
- New TWAS Research Grants Programme for early-career scientists in Sub-Saharan Africa
- SYNTHESYS+ calls deadline extensions by 3 weeks
- The 2021 GTI internal call for taxonomy-based research + training projects (GTI Research Grant - Type 2) is open!