Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- AUF funding to attend a scientific meeting for researchers in West Africa
- Sud expert plantes développement durable 2017 – 3rd call for projects
- The 2017 GTI external call for proposals is open!
- 4th Young Natural History scientists' meeting in Paris - 7-11 Feb. 2017
- Belgian GTI presentation at CBD COP13 -CEPA Fair