Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- IAPT Grants Programs for 2021 - Supporting global taxonomy and systematics of algae, fungi, and plants
- State of the World's Plants and Fungi Virtual Symposium
- The 2020 GTI external call for proposals is Closed!
- 2 GTI alumni co-authored a publication in Nature!
- Call for nominations to the 2020 GBIF Young Researchers Award