Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- GTI alumnus Héritier MILENGE KAMALEBO hired as research assistant
- 2nd AUF call for funding to attend a scientific meeting for researchers from West Africa
- Training session on African pollinating flies in Kenya in November 2017
- Ph. D. defense of Mr Olaniran Hamed ODOUNTAN, GTI alumnus
- Find out the results of GTI alumni awareness projects