Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Journées annuelles de la Société française de Systématique (SFS) 2014
- GTI symposium on the Cyperaceae of Madagascar
- VLIR - UOS call for Short Training Initiatives (KOI) 2015
- Travel Awards for Sub-Saharan African Participation in the 2014 TDWG Conference, Jönköping, Sweden
- Call for applications for the 2015 Student Conference on Conservation Science