Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Ph. D. defense of Mr Bill KASONGO WA NGOY KASHIKI, GTI trainee
- Training on conservation and computerization of zoology and geology collections in Belgium
- Final GBIF-BID call for proposals from sub-Saharan Africa
- Call for the 4th Summer School in Tropical Mycology
- Unitas Malacological - student research awards 2017