Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Ph. D. defense of Mr YIAN Gouvé Claver, GTI alumnus
- New publication by GTI grantee, Sylvestre Badou, and colleagues describing 2 new species of edible mushrooms in Africa
- 2019 Training session on FishBase and Fish Taxonomy
- Dr. NSENGIMANA Venuste, GTI alumnus, presented his Ph. D. thesis for the award of the degree of Doctor (PhD) in Agronomy and Bioengineering
- Graduation of Naturinda Zerubabeeli, GTI grantee