Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Ph. D. defense of Mr Olaniran Hamed ODOUNTAN, GTI alumnus
- Find out the results of GTI alumni awareness projects
- Description of 2 new species by GTI alumnus Hermann Taedoumg
- Launch of the new Abc taxa manual dedicated to diatoms from the Congo and Zambezi Basins
- Registration for the postgraduate course "Biosafety in Plant Biotechnology" at Ghent University (Belgium) is open!