Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- 2 new publications by GTI trainee Hamed Odountan from UAC, Benin
- The 2016 GTI external call for proposals is open!
- Newsletter of the network of mycologists from the Great Lakes region in Africa
- Fellowship from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) to GTI alumnus Jans Morffe Rodiguez
- GTI alumnus Dr Tenon Coulibaly promoted lecturer the Université Peleforo Gon, in Korhogo, Côte d’Ivoire