Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- Scholarship: Intra-Africa Academic mobility Project: Partnership for Training Scientist in Crop Improvement for Food Security in Africa (SCIFSA)
- New publication by GTI alumnus, Héritier Milenge Kamalebo on uses and importance of wild fungi in DR Congo
- Launch of Abc Taxa volume 17 on edible mushrooms of Haut-Katanga (DR Congo)
- Description of 2 new species by RBINS researcher thanks to GTI funding
- Description of a new genus and species of Cicada from Vietnam