Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- GTI symposium on African ants
- New article published by RBINS researchers and GTI alumnus on sawflies of Ethiopia
- GBIF survey of Natural History Collections: Faster Access to More Data
- New article published by GTI alumnus Henri Herrera from the Charles Darwin Foundation, Ecuador
- Workshop on Taxonomic Methods and Standardization of Meiofauna in the Clarion-Clipperton Zone (Dec. 2015)