Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- The Walking Stick described by RBINS researchers in the ESF Top 10 New Species for 2015
- Description of a new genus and 2 new species of Nematods by GTI alumnus Jans Morffe
- Abc Taxa volume 14 on Bryophytes from Rwanda wins an international prize
- Registration for DEST course ‘BASICS of TAXONOMY’ is open
- 2015 call for postdoc fellowships to non-EU researchers in Belgium