Welcome to the website of the Belgian National Focal Point to the Global Taxonomy Initiative
In implementing COP decision V/9, paragraph 4,
The specific objective of the Belgian GTI is to help with the development of taxonomic and curatorial capacities in developing countries partner of the Belgian Cooperation. The aim is to strengthen the scientific knowledge base on biodiversity and on its linkages with ecosystem services and poverty reduction.
Find out more information on the past and present taxonomic projects funded by the GTI here.
- 2015 call for application for the 'FishBase and fish taxonomy’ training session
- 100th issue of the European Journal of Taxonomy
- Journées annuelles de la Société française de Systématique (SFS) 2014
- GTI symposium on the Cyperaceae of Madagascar
- VLIR - UOS call for Short Training Initiatives (KOI) 2015